Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Dolls for Smart Girls

Back in September I posted about Shakespeare and Galileo action figures...so I thought Treehouse friends might also like to see these dolls that were brought to our attention by an Ambleside user. You can see a group shot of them here as well. Want a Babe Didrickson doll, a Mary Cassatt playset, or--the ultimate for CM homeschoolers--an Anna Botsford Comstock nature doll? This is probably the one and only place in the world that's ever even thought of making an Amelia Earhart doll complete with gear. (The Apprentice would have loved that during her I-want-to-be-Amelia period. She used to go around at about the age of five with a baby Snugli over her head for goggles (the leg holes were for her eyes, and the straps hanging down kind of lent an air of authenticity).)

What's next, a Charlotte Mason doll that says "I Am, I Can, I Ought, I Will" and "Let's have Mr. Chesterton over for tea" when you pull a string?

3 comments:

Mrs. Happy Housewife said...

I don't know. Is it just me or do some of them have very mannish faces? Babe looks especially like a man and poor Mary Cassatt looks in dire need of an extreme makeover. At least Bessie Coleman looks a little more normal. At $50 though, I don't think a little girl at my house will be asking for or getting one of these.

Mama Squirrel said...

I know, too expensive for many of us. I wonder how many they actually sell?

PirateMum said...

Hmmm, perhaps not just for girls? My 3 year old son just announced he'd like the Mary Cassatt doll. Maybe it's her 'handsome' features.

Related Posts with Thumbnails