Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Equuschick's Alphabet

,Equuschick at The Common Room posted her version of this ABC meme. Athena wrote one too. Here's Mama Squirrel's.

A - Accent: Southern Ontario
B - Breakfast Item: I love granola (I guess that makes me one of those Crunchy people)
C - Chore you hate: Figuring out whose socks are whose
D - Dad's Name: Grandpa Squirrel.
E - Essential everyday item: The Equuschick said “Losing your glasses is distressing.” I haven’t lost my glasses for a long time (or sat on them), but yeah, that would probably be the most distressing here too.
F - Flavor ice cream: Chocolate ripple.
G - Gold or Silver?: Silver
H - Happy Place: Up in the treehouse.
I - Insomnia: Occasionally. Usually I would rather sleep.
J - Job - Love or want to leave: Mostly love, all except the socks.
K - Kids: Yes.
L - Living arrangements: 3 bedroom raised bungalow.
M - Mom's birthplace: in a hospital.
N - Number of houses you've lived in (there, I changed it from the original): Counting university living arrangements, I make it 16.
O - Overnight hospital stays: Not since 1969.
P - Phobia: Driving
Q - Question: Who makes these things up, anyway?
R - Religious Affiliation: United Church of Canada Presbyterian Church of Canada United Church of Canada Presbyterian Church of America Brethren in Christ Presbyterian Church of America Funky NonDenominational Lutheran Church Canada Fellowship Baptist Mennonite Brethren. You sort it out.
S - Siblings: One. Call her FarAwaySis.
T - Time you wake up: About 15 minutes after Mr. Fixit.
U - Unnatural hair colors you've had: Orange, when FarAwaySis and Mama Squirrel experimented with Sun In one summer a very long time ago.
V - Vegetable you refuse to eat: Turnip, beets. (sorry, Common Room)
W - Worst habit: Why would anybody want to know that?
X - X-rays you've had: Don’t remember exactly. Lots of dental, one big toe.
Y - Yummy: Lasagna. Pasta with sundried tomatoes and olives. Really dark chocolate.
Z - Zodiac sign: Doesn’t matter.

2 comments:

Amy Witt said...

Ok, for us foreigners...what is a sidesplit?


Counting college, I have lived in 4 places.

Mama Squirrel said...

Ok--first of all, I goofted. I have been reading too many real estate ads and my mind was on split levels. Our treehouse is actually a raised bungalow treehouse (in non-squirrel terms, that means the bedrooms are on the same level as the living room, but they're over the garage). (I think in the U.S. you call it a ranch-style house.) Not a sidesplit (which is a split level where you'd have to go up a few stairs at one side of the house to get to the bedrooms). As opposed to a backsplit, which is currently my favourite kind of treehouse to be looking at and which usually features a kitchen that overlooks a lower-level family room at the back of the house.

Does that help?