Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Are You a Yankee or a Rebel?

After the Deputy Headmistress took this vocabulary/pronunciation test, I thought it would be fun to take it and see if the computer could even compute me, considering I'm from the Great White North.

I should have guessed--I got all the words from the "Great Lakes" area, whatever that might be. Guess that Yankee water flows across the border and on up here.

But who knew that drinking fountains, t.p.ing (as in, t.p.ing your trees) and devil's night (as in, the night you t.p. trees) were local words?

Well, I'm going to go cool off with a pop and then put on my pajamas (rhymes with bananas).

2 comments:

The Apprentice said...

This is what I got:

19% Dixie. Wow! You are a Duke of Yankeedom!

Mommy Dearest said...

84% Dixie for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails