Monday, November 13, 2006

A reading challenge

It's simple: pick five books on your shelf that you haven't yet managed to read, and finish them by the end of January. Michelle at Overdue Books posted this challenge, and she's got about a hundred and forty people signed up so far with their lists. Tim's Mom, Firefly and Krakovianka have already posted about this, but there's not much time left if you want to be in on the random drawing: the deadline for that is November 15th. But you can join in any time.

Oh, by the way, here's my list.

The Great Code: The Bible and Literature, by Northrop Frye

George Grant in Conversation, by David Cayley (I wanted this book badly but haven't found time to read it properly)

The Vicar of Wakefield, by Oliver Goldsmith

The House of the Four Winds, by John Buchan (a book Mr. Fixit read and recommends)

Tales of an Empty Cabin, by Grey Owl (ditto)

2 comments:

Krakovianka said...

Hey! That Northrop Frye title is on my "want to read" list, too. But I don't actually have the book--I think it's on my Amazon wishlist. Perhaps it would be more sensible to read the books I already have first?

Anonymous said...

*chuckle* The Northrop Frye book is also one that I have wanted to read for some time now. I actually stumbled across it in our church library recently, so at least I know where to find it when I finish the other five I have listed. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails