"It was very cold in the deep freeze and the tiny doll began to feel rather stiff, so she decided to walk about and have a good look at the place. The floor was crisp and white just like frost on a winter's morning...."--The Little Girl and the Tiny Doll, by Edward and Aingelda ArdizzoneReasons to be happy today
1. There is already (at 8 a.m.) some slush on the driveway instead of an ice floe. Mr. Fixit didn't even plug the block heater in last night. Enough said.
2. Homeschool Hacks will be hosting this week's Carnival of Homeschooling, up sometime today.[Update: it's up now here.] I'm happy there are so many people sending in good stuff every week! (We will be hosting again in May.)
3. Crayons' coughing that kept us up last night doesn't appear to have left any lasting damage except for tired parents. I'm happy she's feeling well enough to kidnap The Little Girl and the Tiny Doll almost before I can finish typing the quote.
4. The Apprentice is already off at what to her seems an unearthly hour, to write a math competition at the high school. Some of our homeschool group are writing the same competitions today. I'm happy we were able to plug into that again this year.
5. It's Shrove Tuesday!
6. We had an awesome blueberry cake for dessert last night. Too bad it's all gone, but I'm happy everybody liked it.
7. It's Joshua Slocum's birthday. Also Phil Esposito's birthday, Vincent Massey's birthday, and Buffy Sainte-Marie's birthday. How many of those people do you know?