Monday, May 28, 2007

Reading made fun

"I hear you, Mamma," said the first little mouse.

"I hear you, Mamma," said the second little mouse.

"I hear you, Mamma," said the third little mouse.

"I HEAR YOU, MAMMA!" said the fourth mouse, very loudly....And Loudmouse was his name, from that time on.

We have a favourite book that's great for buddy reading, especially with kids who like to make lots of noise: Loudmouse, by Richard Wilbur. From what I've learned online, you're especially lucky if you can find a copy of the large 1963 edition; but we've done all right with the smaller 1968 version.

"WATCH OUT, EVERYBODY!" called Loudmouse. "THERE'S A BAD, BAD CAT IN THE LIVING ROOM!"

The cat was hiding under a chair, holding its front paws over its ears.


Loudmouse eventually redeems himself by finding a special use for his unique "talent."

Suitable for multiple loud re-readings.

1 comment:

Kaber said...

Ki is our LoudMouse...

Related Posts with Thumbnails