Ponytails and Crayons went on a homeschool field trip this week, to the regional police headquarters where they do childrens' safety sessions. Ponytails was in the older kids' group and learned about bike safety. Crayons was in the fire safety group. She got to "stop, drop and roll"; climbed out an "apartment window" down an escape ladder; and was thoroughly drilled in the dangers of playing with matches and the need to check smoke alarms.
"I know a lot about fire safety now," she told us afterwards.
"Now I just need a fire to practice on."
- About Us
- Mama Squirrel's Twelve Days of Christmas Crafting
- Christmas Past, Christmas Present(s)
- 2014 Christmas crafts photos and links
- Charlotte Mason Education
- Herbartianism Posts
- CM Volume Three Posts
- CM Volume Four Posts
- CM Volume Five Posts
- CM Volume Six Posts
- L'Harmas 2014
- Plans for Grade Eight, 2014-2015
- Lydia's Grade Eight Posts
- Geography posts
- A Treasury of Thrift, a Feast of Frugality
- A lot of frugal meals
- 18-Inch Dolls (and Crissy)
- Crocheting Posts
- Crochet Class Posts (2012)