Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Burnt cookies: a metaphor

Remember last month I bought some new cookie sheets? Big, heavy, nonstick shiny ones.

I hate them.

They are great for frozen fries or whatever, but lousy for cookies. When life up in this Treehouse is feeling just slightly stressful anyway, another pan of charred chocolate chip doesn't exactly bring on the sunshine.

Ooh, I'm mad.

And I wanted those cookies.

I'm going back to my old warped pans covered with baked-on spray.

--------------------------------------------

Mrs. Ralph helped herself to the biggest piece.

She took her fork.

Mrs. Ralph tried to cut it.

But it would not cut.

And Mrs. Ralph wanted that chocolate.

So she picked it up and bit it.

"Uuggg," she screamed.

"Fish! Raw fish!"

Mrs. Ralph was angry.

She was very angry.
--Amelia Bedelia and the Surprise Shower, by Peggy Parish

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Burnt cookies are soooo not fun!! I'm using my 15 year old coookie sheets w/ silicon baking sheets (that are WONDERFUL).... They run about $10 each...

Making banana pancakes today!!
Grace! ss

www.homeschoolblogger.com/spike/

frugalabundance said...

Mrs. Ralph & Mrs. Squirrel are ladies after my own heart. Chocolate. Yum. :)

Aimee said...

I love that Amelia Bedelia book... sorry about your cookies. Some days you just need a cookie... Argh.

Mama Squirrel said...

Well, I guess at least Mrs. Ralph's version was gluten free...

Related Posts with Thumbnails