Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Try, try, try again

This is a gf article I hadn't seen before: "Bread Class With Alternative Flours."

And this is what's in the bread machine today, in the name of research: click on this archive of recipes and then go to the very last post, Hitachi Bread Machine by Martha O. Dunn. "Here's the recipe I use 5-6 times a week - I have three kids to keep up with." I don't have a Hitachi Bread Machine so I'm just trying it with a basic bread setting.

Sooner or later I will find something that a) slices well, b) tastes good, c) works well in our machine, d) includes what I already have without having to go track down more fancy flours.

“I would say to housewives, be not daunted by one failure, nor by twenty. Resolve that you will have good bread, and never cease striving after this result till you have effected it. If persons without brains can accomplish this, why cannot you?”--’Housekeeping In Old Virginia' Marion Cabell Tyree ed. (1878)

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

I admire your perseverence

Related Posts with Thumbnails