Monday, March 30, 2009

What I'm Reading

Jean Janzen, Paper House (poems)

Francine Prose, Reading Like a Writer (a wonderful argument for the advantages of close reading)

Leo Tolstoi (that's how my copy spells it), Master and Man and Other Parables and Tales

Suzanne Martel, Jeanne, fille du roy. I decided at the beginning of the year that whatever French I still had needed a workout, and that I'd get through at least a couple of easy novels. Martel's book was one of the few I could find on the kids' French shelf that wasn't about aliens or elves (this is historical fiction about Quebec). My goal was to get through it by the end of March, and I'm still only about halfway there, but that's because I got sidetracked...

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

That's a great idea - the one about giving my French a workout with a kid's novel!

I'm gonna join you on this! I have a book of classic fairytales - contes classiques - I'll start with them.

Kindergarten is about my level, I reckon!! (Sadly...I have studied a lot of French over the years!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails