Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Make Do and Mend, at a great price

Hampstead House Books is offering Make Do and Mend for $5.99 (Canadian) right now. "Keeping Family and Home Afloat on War Rations. If you lived on rations in WWII, you’ll feel nostalgic seeing these reproductions of government leaflets. If not, you’ll delightfully discover that thrifty wartime ways can apply in today’s tough times." There's also a short review here.

I had thought that the Deputy Headmistress once mentioned this book on The Common Room blog, but I can't find it there. Maybe it was another blogger? Anyway, it sounds interesting...and maybe useful, if you want to know how to make underwear out of old sheets.

3 comments:

Birdie said...

How neat!

Queen of Carrots said...

I would have to be pretty desperate to use my old sheets as underwear--they're uncomfortable enough to sleep on!

Teach Your Child To Read said...

I am with Queen of Carrots on this one. Not too sure about old sheets for underwear. I guess we are more spoilt these days

Related Posts with Thumbnails