Wednesday, June 03, 2009

So what brings you this way?

The Old Schoolhouse Company Porch recently asked people to reveal all...about their site meters. As in--who knocks on the Treehouse door, and what are they looking for?

The most dreadful search string I saw lately (that I didn't follow up on) was something about "Dewey kills family". The only mentions of "kills" we've had on the blog are these:

CPSIA kills some businesses, boosts others. It doesn't take a genius to see that there will be gold in that there testing software. ...

April 2009 Not as bad as "the guy in the hat kills the other guy in the hat," but there's kind of a reality and reader-sympathy speedbump that Ms. Prose just doesn't ...

May 2008 Our only problem is deciding which way to put it--facing into the living room, which kills it as a shoe-putting-on bench; or facing into the hall, ...

The Living, by Annie Dillard Dillard hasn't done a thing to make me care about her characters, which I guess is convenient for my poor nerves since she kills them all off. ...

It kills me to see trees out in the trash on the 26th Or even the 1st. Why not take the time to celebrate the season when nothings all rushed anymore? ...


We're not exactly a murderous kind of blog. I think I did once mention dropping a house on the CPSIA, but that's about it.

P.S. If there really was a serious incident out there involving someone named Dewey, I apologize--not meaning to make light of real incidents, even those on the Ecowas Express Road.

P.P.S. We still do get lots of hits from people looking for "Cuisinart rods" as well as "love is more thicker than forget," rhubarb recipes, and--believe it or not--"homemade deodorant," which we only linked to--once. The Internet's more stranger than you'd think.

2 comments:

Birdie said...

Very interesting.

Most people seem to find my blog while looking for a shortbread recipe. I've never even posted one, but I'm beginning to think that maybe I should post our sugar-free version just to make them happy!

Sebastian said...

I get a number of hits for rosetta stone complaints. I found at one point that Rosetta Stone was actually suing a company for using Rosetta Stone complaints as a tie in for an allegedly falsly based advertising campaign for other language software.
Ironically, my posts are pretty favorable toward Rosetta Stone software.

Related Posts with Thumbnails