Friday, February 12, 2010

Today's must-read post

Reading Like a Grownup, at A Peaceful Day.

(But Jeanne--could I point out that, though it's beside your point of having adults read books that aren't written for children (notice I avoided saying "a---t books"--oops, I just did)--that the list of books you're reading with Jemimah--Swallows & Amazons etc.--is way more than a lot of today's kids are ever going to get? Seems to me that one of the best ways to get them to eventually move on to "grownup books" is to give them the foundation you're building now.)

2 comments:

Lexi said...

Hi there!
Please accept this little award for your blog. I enjoy it very much! I was nominated a few days ago, and I would like to nominate you now! THANKS!

(The picture will be posted on my blog in the morning)

The rules for this award are as followed:
• Thank the person who kindly passed this to you, and link your award back to them.
• List 7 things about yourself.
• Pass it on to 15 blogs that deserve a Beautiful Blogger Award and let them know they earned this award.

Jeanne said...

Sadly, I think books of the standard of Swallows and Amazons are more than most adults ever get...or is that your point?

Thanks for the nice link :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails