Book used: The Age of Fable, by Thomas Bulfinch, chapter VIII. Read out loud, written narration. Spelling corrected at Crayons' request.
Once upon a time there were two sisters Dryope and Iole. Dryope had a husband Andraemon. One day Dryope and Iole were out picking flowers and Dryope picked lotus and showed it to her baby. With horror Iole saw where her sister had plucked the lotus was dripping blood all of a sudden Dryope's feet were rooted firmly to the spot she started growing branches the lotus had been no other than a nymph in disguise and now the gods were angry at her. Andraemon ran out of the house. Please take the baby and teach him to call me mother and then she fully became a tree the END.
- About Us
- Christmas Past, Christmas Present(s)
- Charlotte Mason Education
- Herbartianism Posts
- CM Volume Three Posts
- CM Volume Four Posts
- CM Volume Five Posts
- CM Volume Six Posts
- A Treasury of Thrift, a Feast of Frugality
- Crocheting Posts
- Project 333 Clothes, or, Who Cares What You Wear?
- Sweaters that wrap, vests that tie, scarves that pretty things up