I haven't thought of answers to all these questions yet...but I'm posting it anyway. Want to play along?
1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
Left the rest of the Squirrels for a few days in September and saw the other side of the clouds. (Sorry that I still can't say more than that...but it was something I'd wanted to do for a long time.)
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I'm not sure that I had any...I have gotten most of the way through the one-year Bible Reading Program for Slackers and Shirkers.
Halfway through the year we resolved to start tracking our miscellaneous expenses and stick to a certain amount of spending, and we have come in about right for that.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth or get pregnant?
Yes--FarAwaySis, on Christmas Day.
4. Did anyone close to you get married? No.
5. Did anyone close to you die? No.
6. Travel? See #1.
7. Did you move anywhere? Still nope.
8. What was the best month?
2009 answer: "Maybe September, maybe December." 2010 answer: Probably the same.
9. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
A decent pair of kitchen scissors.
10. What date(s) from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Well, definitely the middle of September.
11. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Not sure. Probably managing homeschool with one hand and Christmas plans with the other.
12. What was your biggest failure?
13. Did you suffer illness or injury?
2009 answer: "Nothing that bandaids or Ibuprofen couldn't fix." 2010 answer: about the same.
14. What was the best thing you bought?
A package of fabric and a doll pattern book?
A plane ticket?
15. Whose behavior merited celebration?
The Apprentice, for graduating from high school and for winning Silver in the regional Skills competition.
Ponytails, for blogging so fast and furiously all year and for learning so much about fashion and sewing.
Crayons, for pulling together her own "Snow Cabin" for her dolls and saving us approximately $118 on toys we didn't buy. (Mama Squirrel and Crayons figured out the math).
16. Whose behavior made you appalled and/or depressed?
Whoever came up with the idea of a new 13% sales tax in Ontario on just about everything.
17. Where did most of your money go?
18. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
"Leisure is having the freedom (time, space, opportunity) to discover what makes you fully human.)"
And playing the piano at church during the summer and fall. (Something I had not done for years.)
19. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Amazing Grace. O Come O Come Emmanuel. Ye Banks and Braes.
20. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? About the same.
ii. richer or poorer? About the same.
21. What do you wish you'd done more of? Not sure.
22. What do you wish you'd done less of? Not sure.
23. How will you be spending New Year's Eve/Day?
Home at the Treehouse.
24. What was an unexpected surprise? The trip in September...it meant a lot at the time, and meant even more afterwards.
A minor earthquake in June!
And a new nephew!
25. Did you fall in love in 2010? 2009 Response: "No, I'm sticking to my first choice." 2010 Response: same.
26. What was the best concert you've been to this year? An evening of piano and viola music with Emily Rho and Keith Hamm.
27. What was your favorite TV program? Re-watching the Danger Man and The Prisoner episodes that we hadn't seen for years.
28. Do you dislike anyone now that you didn't dislike this time last year?
29. What was the best book you read? Terrible Lizard, by Deborah Cadbury. Frederick Buechner's memoir The Sacred Journey. Come Walk with Me: A Woman's Personal Guide to Knowing God and Mentoring Others, by Carole Mayhall. And The Word Came with Power, by Joanne Shetler.
30. What was your greatest musical discovery? Gabriel Fauré.
31. What did you want and get?
Not sure. (Crayons might answer this "a pack of Silly Bandz in my stocking.")
Oh, I forgot: we replaced the carpet in the living room (it was over thirty years old), and it makes us very happy now every time we walk across it.
32. What did you want and not get?
33. What was your favorite film of this year?
Not sure. I didn't go to any movies.
34. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? 2009 Response: "Spent it at home. I'm ignoring the second question." 2010 Response: The same.
35. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
36. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
37. What kept you sane?
2009 Response: "Blogging. Not having to count sodium amounts after January. Cryptoquotes. Listening to Jazz FM and Theater of the Mind with Mr. Fixit last thing at night. Repeated visits to the Psalms and some of the Major Prophets (I find curses on the Assyrians oddly comforting)." 2010 Response: About the same, except for the sodium thing. Add in logic puzzles and crocheting.
38. What political issue stirred you the most?
Still the CPSIA.
39. Who did you miss?
A lot of people.
40. Random Memories from 2010?
Spring break: Gummy worms, Crayons and Schmoo playing dolls. Sprouting birdseed. A month with Charlotte Mason. The January Grocery Challenge. A summer trip to the beach. Birthday parties. School stuff. Making apple butter.