Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Books from the thrift store

Today's book sorting and pricing included three large plastic baskets of Christmas books (saved up over the year--and there are more to go).  Yes, even thrift stores have to jump the gun, and this store will be putting out Christmas stuff starting this weekend. 

But there were lots of regular books coming through as well.  I brought home three today for the grownups:

A Walk in the Woods: Rediscovering America on the Appalachian Trail, by Bill Bryson.  We get a lot of Bryson's books at the thrift store, and I finally brought one home.  (I ended up sending it back--there was some very strong language.)


Not Even Wrong: The Failure of String Theory & the Continuing Challenge to Unify the Laws of Physics, by Peter Woit (that one's for the Apprentice)

Searching for God Knows What, by Donald Miller.  This one got mixed reviews on Amazon.  But it interested me enough to bring it home.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

I like Bill Bryson :-)

Woman of the House said...

I read Bryson's _At Home: A Short History of Private Life_ and loved it. I haven't read this one, though.

Related Posts with Thumbnails