Wednesday, September 21, 2011

There were six people (plus me) who loved to watch television...

I was a ten-year-old pioneer of Canadian comedy viewing.

It's sometime in late 1976 or early 1977.  I'm curled up in a big chair, upstairs at my grandma's house,  in front of my aunt's TV.  I'm either babysitting my baby cousin, or they're babysitting me--I'm not sure which.  Whenever I'm over here watching TV, I see all these cool shows I've never seen at home.  The Rockford Files.  Upstairs Downstairs.  And tonight--I come across something so funny it makes me practically spit my Kool-Aid all over my Fonzie t-shirt.

35 years ago today, September 21, 1976:  the first broadcast of SCTV. 

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Sometimes you are very funny, Mama S.

I just have to share that with Jemimah. Her sense of humour is very like yours (was/is)!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails