Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Thrift store Wednesdays: Last-minute find, and a funny

Funniest misplaced book today:  Things Fall Apart, by Chinua Achebe, shelved with the fix-it books.  I am not making that up.

Books I brought home:  Black is the Colour of my True-Love's Heart, by Ellis Peters; Dorothy L. Sayers: Her Life and Soul, by Barbara Reynolds.

Found in a last-minute scan of the video rack before we cashed out:  four (VHS) videos from the Devine Entertainment Artists & Composers Specials, for a dollar apiece: Liszt (clip below, and yes, that guy beside Liszt is Peter Keleghan/Ranger Gord), Rossini, Handel, and Winslow Homer.  Our library used to have them on VHS and has never replaced them with DVDs, so when I see them used (almost never), I pick them up.  I even paid full price for two artist and two scientist episodes a year ago, and I don't regret that, but it is very nice to find them at thrift store prices!



Linked from Thrifty Tuesdays at The Common Room.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails